DarntonB3 is appointed as Architect and Building Services Design engineer for the new Sedbergh Sports Facility on behalf of City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council. The site is currently a recreation ground and part of the work will be to also improve the quality and playability of the sports pitches.
The aim of this project is to create a new, high quality aquatic, sport and leisure facility which will provide for and encourage Sport and Physical Activity for a diverse community with a wide range of interests and abilities throughout the Bradford district and beyond.
The facilities at Sedbergh Sports Centre will be suitable for a wide range of community uses, with the sports hall complex catering for a number of sports and activities.
- 25m 6 lane swimming pool,
- 12.5 x 8m Learner pool,
- Wet change village and group change,
- 8 court sports hall with dry change,
- 80 station fitness suite,
- 2nr dance/flexible studios,
- Meeting room,
- Large reception & entrance foyer,
- Staff facilities and admin spaces,
- Outdoor changing with direct access to external pitches and facilities.