DarntonB3 are appointed to the framework of Architects to support Morrison’s store development programme.
We have been responsible as Architect for a variety of store projects including new build, conversion, extension and remodel schemes. We also as Architect for high volume store change and update programmes, providing additional services as Project Manager. Building Information Modelling is widely implemented, with all new stores designed and delivered in Revit.
The scheme design developed to incorporate a major new ‘Food Retail Warehouse’ concept. We worked with retail international consultants to incorporate innovative ideas and new technology.
Design was aided in part by DarntonB3 use of Revit as a design tool. When considering areas of the store it was invaluable to be able to show any part in three dimensions to the client, consultants and lighting design team. The resulting finish and coordinated design was also assisted by the use of Building Information Modelling to enable all areas of the design to be considered from an early stage.
Throughout the store there are traditional Morrison’s ‘Market Street’ elements including The Oven, Meat Shop and Fish Shop, Bake Shop and Deli & Cheese.
In the produce aisle bespoke signage and lighting lends the area an American Farmer’s market funkiness. This slant extends throughout the store, including to The Eatery, offering pizzas baked in a wood-fired oven, fish and chips and ‘home made’ ice cream. There is also a ‘Grab and Go’ area where customers can buy items – lunch or fresh flowers, self-scan and go.
Scheme elements include:
• Re-vamped Market Street departments
• New produce aisle.
• New produce prep area and associated service areas/cold rooms.
• New bulkheads and marketing throughout.
• Refurbishment/amendments to layouts of all the prep areas.
• Planning approval for new plant.
• Sales floor amendments to revised layout.
• Entire refrigeration plant replacement and conversion from HCFC to CO2.
• Complete refurbishment of Customer WCs
• Redecorations and remedial works inside and out.
• Whole store redecoration.
• General maintenance works.
• Rebalance of checkouts and addition of self-serve checkouts.