DarntonB3 are appointed as Architects under a framework agreement to handle projects on behalf of M&S.
Projects are located throughout the UK, with the DarntonB3 team responsible for major store remodel, refurbishment and extension projects at stores ranging in size up to 6000 m².
We have handled store refresh rollout programmes at multiple sites, together with core investment trading project rollout, refurbishment and alteration schemes.
Providing support retail services, DarntonB3 also act in the capacity of Loose Equipment Consultants, managing the implementation of fixturisation schemes in trading environments.
Sales floor layout was improved within the existing spaces with new fitting rooms provided, together with new partitions and panelling, new flooring and tills. A new extended cafe was also incorporated within the scheme.
Our design approach sought to implement many sustainable and energy efficient solutions for the building extension, including:
• Highly efficient glazing – to limit solar gain and improve thermal performance.
• A Natural ‘Green’ roof – producing a natural habitat for insects and wildlife.
• Specifying zero ozone depleting materials – such as the insulation.
• Using FSC timber from sustainable sources.
• Re-use of existing materials such as roof tiles and block paving.
The store remained trading throughout the period of the works and our team precisely coordinated the programme to minimize disruption to store trading.
DarntonB3 acted as architect for the project from concept to completion, providing services for the retail and restoration works.